Saturday, October 12, 2013
Stayin' Alive: Lake George holds off Flying Forts
The Warriors took advantage of several Fort Edward turnovers, including one on the opening kickoff where the Flying Forts fumbled on a reverse hand-off. Tyler Brown scored the first of his five turnovers 24 seconds into the game as he ran the ball in from two yards out.
Tyler Brown would finish with five touchdowns as he racked up 189 yards on 17 carries, including an 80 yard touchdown run for the second score of the game.
Fort Edward took advantage of a Lake George turnover to help claw their way close in the fourth quarter, as Ryan Collier took a Tyler Brown pass in from 70 yards out for a pick-six. The interception brought the Flying Forts within 10, but could not come any closer as the Warriors drained plenty of clock on the ensuing drive to bring the game to an end.
Nate Burkhardt led the Fort Edward Flying Forts with 128 yards, and scored two of their four touchdowns.
With the win, it keeps the Lake George Warriors in the playoff chase as they control their own destiny with the Salem Generals visiting next Friday in a must-win game. The Fort Edward Flying Forts will finish their regular season with a trip down the Greenwich to face the Witches.
- Lake George took advantage of miscues early, as the opening kickoff was botched by the Flying Forts when one of their runners fumbled the ball on a hand-off. Lake George recovered, and then converted it for 8 points when Tyler Brown ran the football in 24 seconds later from two yards out. Thomas Clark ran the ball in for the two-point conversion. LG 8, FE 0, 11:36 1st
- Then after forcing a punt from the Fort Edward Flying Forts that reached the endzone for a touchback, Tyler Brown took the first play from scrimmage the full 80 yards for the touchdown. Thomas Clark scored the two-point conversion. LG 16, FE 0, 8:16 1st
- Then in the 2nd Quarter, Tyler Brown scored his third touchdown, a 29 yard run, to widen the gap for the Lake George Warriors. The two-point was no good. LG 22, FE 0, 10:06 2nd
- The Flying Forts did not quit, and it paid dividens when Nate Burkhardt scored from 2 yards out for the first score for the Flying Forts. Burkhardt also scored the two-point conversion. LG 22, FE 8, 4:51 2nd
- On the ensuing drive, Lake George got a 18 yard rush from Tyler Brown as he scored his fourth touchdown of the game. Thomas Clark scored the two-point conversion for the Warriors. LG 30, FE 8, 3:39 2nd
- Fort Edward started a drive up the field, but saw it come to a halt when Bryan Kane intercepted Chris Boucher to end the Flying Forts threat. After a couple runs, the Lake George Warriors drained the clock for the halftime break. LG 30, FE 8, HALF
- In the third quarter, after the Warriors came up empty in their first drive of the half, the Flying Forts tried some trickery as Chris Boucher pitched it to Ryan Collier, who launched it to Dylan White for a huge 44 yard gain, and then Nate Burkhardt capped it with an 11 yard run to find the endzone. After a false start backed the Flying Forts five yards to the 7, the Lake George Warriors stopped Burkhardt on the two-point conversion. LG 30, FE 14, 8:16 3rd
- Tyler Brown then ran for his fifth touchdown of the game as he scored from 13 yards out. The two-point conversion was no good. LG 36, FE 14, 1:57 3rd
- Chris Boucher connected with Dylan White for the lone passing touchdown of the game, when White ran the ball 16 yards after the two-yard pass in for the touchdown. Fort Edward's two-point conversion came up short. LG 36, FE 20, 11:50 4th
- Tyler Brown was driving the Lake George Warriors into position, however an ill pass found Fort Edward's Ryan Collier, who ran the near sideline for the pick-six score. The ensuing failed two-point conversion resulted in the Flying Forts still down by two scores. LG 36, FE 26, 5:25 4th
- Lake George maintained possession as they drove the ball into the Red Zone, but the clock ran out as the Lake George Warriors held on for the win. LG 36, FE 26, FINAL
Rushing: Tyler Brown - 17-189y 5TD; Thomas Clark - 22-106y; Brett Parsons - 2- (-3y); Bryan Kane - 1-3y
Passing: Tyler Brown - 2/4, 45y 1INT
Receiving: Dylan Bachem - 1-25y; Pat Mellon - 1-20y
Rushing: Nate Burkhardt - 15-128y, 2TD; Chris Boucher - 5-8y; Ryan Collier - 2-4y; Dylan White - 1-0y; Brian Fletcher - 1- (-1y)
Passing: Chris Boucher - 6/11, 54y, 1TD, 2INT; Ryan Collier - 1/1, 44y
Receiving: Dylan White - 3-74y, 1TD; Zack Singleton - 2-13y; Nate Burkhardt - 2-11y
Please note: Stats are unofficial and are those we kept up in our radio booth. These stats should be used only for informational purposes and not for official record-keeping purposes.